You can configure the DaaS Agent using DHCP.
About this task
DHCP is the recommended configuration option to configure the DaaS Agent. Configure DHCP option code 74 (IRC Chat) to point to the two IP addresses allocated for the tenant appliances.
Install the Daas Agent.
- Select to open the DHCP configuration client.
- Right-click Server Options and select Configure Options.
- Click the scope and right-click Scope Options to configure the 074 option code for that scope only. Configuration is the same as for the entire DHCP server.
If you defined limited addresses, you can confine the options' configuration to a specific scope. Configuration is the same as for the entire DHCP server.
- Scroll down to the 074 option for Internet Relay Chat (IRC) and select the check box.
- Add IP addresses for tenant appliances.
- On the Images page, select Download Bootstrap from the drop-down menu.
- Enter and re-enter a password of 8-20 ASCII characters containing at least one each of the following: lowercase letter, uppercase letter, number, and symbol (!@#$%^&*). Do not use non-ASCII characters in the password. Make a note of this password for future use.
- Log in to the image candidate VM.
- Open a command prompt as administrator and navigate to the DaaS Agent installation directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware DaaS Agent\service).
- Run the Keytool.exe file with the bootstrap file as an argument:
Keytool –f <absolute path to the bootstrap file>
- When prompted, enter the encryption password you set in step 3 above.
Keytool performs the bootstrap and moves the certificate to the cert folder.