The Image Upload Service can be used with generic VM templates in OVF format. The VM must be prepared properly before importing.
- Click the Help link to view requirements for desktop software/service.
- Click the Download Agents link to download required software (agent) and SSL certificate. The files are prepared by your service provider, according to your tenant appliance version.
- Confirm that the following requirements have been met.
You can download required software from the Download Agents link on Image Upload Service page. The following software must be installed:
Horizon DaaS Agent
Horizon DaaS Health Agent
Horizon DaaS tenant certificate file must be configured in DaaS agent. You can download it from the Download Agents link on Image Upload Service page. With default DaaS Agent installation on x64 system, the certificate file must be copied to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware DaaS Agent\cert\cacert.pem
The following services must be configured as auto start:
VMware DaaS Agent (DaaS Agent)
VMware Horizon View Agent (WSNM)
Windows Firewall (MpsSvc)
Desktop Window Manager Session Manager (UxSms)
VMware Blast (VMBlast)
- If you have multiple desktop managers, update desktop manager ip addresses in DaaS agent configuration file. With default DaaS Agent installation on a x64 system, the configure file is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware DaaS Agent\service\MonitorAgent.ini
Find the following line:
;standby_address=<uncomment and add comma separated standby address list>
Uncomment the line by removing the semicolon at the beginning, and add desktop manager addresses separated by commas. For example:
- Before performing the export, confirm the following:
Network adapter type is VMXNET3. E1000 will not work.
There is no ISO attached to the VM. You can safely remove any virtual CD-ROM drive.
The target hypervisor supports your virtual machine version. Due to mixed infrastructure, the latest virtual machine might not always be supported. If possible keep your virtual machine version low. For example, version 8. You can contact your service provider for information about supported virtual machine versions, or attempt to use the tool, since it will report an error if the virtual machine version is incompatible.
No 3D graphic card capability is enabled on the VM.
The virtual machine is exported as OVF, since OVA is currently not supported by the Image Upload feature.