You can update an Instant Clone image and the assignments based on the image.
About this task
Unlike a Traditional Clone image that can be updated after being published (take offline, make changes, and republish), an Instant Clone image must be duplicated and the new image updated and added to the relevant assignments.
- Select Inventory > Images from the menu to open the Images page.
- Select the check box for the image, click the "..." button, and select Duplicate from the drop-down menu.
The system creates a duplicate of the image.Note:
This process can take some time, so plan accordingly.
- Make the necessary changes to the duplicate image and publish it.
- When the new image has been published, edit each of the assignments based on the original image so that they use the duplicate image instead. See Edit an Assignment.
As users log out of their sessions, the VMs in each assignment will be synced with the new image.
- [Optional] Delete the original image by selecting it on the Images page, clicking the "..." button, and selecting Delete from the drop-down menu.