When your end users connect to Horizon Cloud using the Horizon Client, they can work with their assigned RDS desktops or remote applications.
About this task
These steps describe using Horizon Client for the first time to launch a desktop provided by a Horizon Cloud node.
If you are assigning URL redirection to your end users, they must install their Horizon Client with the URL Content Redirection feature enabled for them to take advantage of that feature. The client must be installed using the command line to enable URL Content Redirection in the client. For information, see these topics in the Horizon Client documentation:
Familiarize yourself with the most up-to-date information regarding VMware Horizon Clients. For example, to check for up-to-date Horizon Client support information, see the VMware Product Interoperability Matrixes at https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/sim/interop_matrix.php and to see the respective documentation, see the Horizon Client documentation page at https://www.vmware.com/support/viewclients/doc/viewclients_pubs.html.
From your organization's DNS information, obtain the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) that your organization has associated in its domain name system (DNS) for end user connections to this node, such as
For example, when the Horizon Cloud node in Microsoft Azure is configured to use Unified Access Gateway for end user connections, your organization has a DNS CNAME or A record that maps the FQDN that you provided in the deployment wizard to the auto-generated public FQDN of the node's deployed load balancer. See Obtain the FQDN of the Node's Load Balancer to Map in your DNS Server for a description of this auto-generated public FQDN.
- Start the Horizon Client.
- Select the choices in the Horizon Client for adding a new server.
- In the new server configuration, enter the name that was added to your DNS for end-user connections, for example,
- Enter the credentials for your Active Directory user in the authentication dialog box.
- Select the desktop or remote application that you want to launch from the displayed list.
- (Optional) : For advanced configuration, right-click the desktop and make your selection.