When you create a farm using the Horizon Cloud Administration Console, you can use the Computer OU field to optionally specify an Active Directory organizational unit (OU) where the server VMs are to be located. However, you cannot specify a nested OU in that text box. You must locate the nested OU information for your organization, then manually enter it in the Computer OU field.
About this task
Use these steps to locate the nested OU information in your organization's Active Directory domain server.
- From your Active Directory machine, open Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Select View > Advanced features (Enabled Advanced features).
- Navigate to the Organizational Unit where the desktops will be placed.
- Right-click and select Properties.
- Click the Attribute editor and select distinguishedName.
- Click View.
- Enter the distinguished name information in the Computer OU field in the Horizon Cloud Administration Console.
Only the OU= part of the string is required. The DC= part is optional.