The procedure to power on Horizon Cloud Nodes requires you to use the same tools and technologies used to shut down the Horizon Cloud Nodes.
About this task
Because a vSAN cluster is part of the Horizon Cloud Node environment, information about shutting down a vSAN cluster is applicable to shutting down Horizon Cloud Nodes. See https://kb.vmware.com/kb/2142676 in preparation for the instructions that follow.
Perform the following steps on each Horizon Cloud Node in your environment.
- Power on each host in the cluster using a remote-access technology, such as iLO or DRAC.
- Run an ESXCLI command to take each ESXi host in the cluster out of maintenance mode, starting with the first host and continuing with the subsequent hosts.
You can access the hosts using the SSH client or by using a remote access technology, such as iLO or DRAC, to access the ESXi console.
esxcli system maintenanceMode set -e false
- Using the vSphere Host Client, access the ESXi host on which the vCenter Server Appliance virtual machine (VM) is located and power on the VM.
After several minutes, the vCenter Server Appliance VM powers on.
- Reconnect to the vCenter Server Appliance using the vSphere Web Client.
- Starting with the first ESXi host and continuing with each host in the cluster, navigate to , click Edit, and verify the
InstantClone.Maintenanceattribute has no value set.
InstantClone.Maintenanceattribute has a value set, clear out the value.Note:
If your cluster uses vSphere 6.0.n, you cannot perform this step using the vSphere Web Client. Instead, use the vSphere Client to navigate to each hosts's to edit the
- If the following virtual machines are located on hosts in the cluster, power them on in the order listed below.
Your environment might not include all of the VMs listed below. For example, when a Horizon Cloud Node is built on a vSAN Ready Node, the environment does not have a VxRail Manager virtual machine.
vRealize Log Insight
- Power on the
smartnode-sm1appliance and the Horizon Air Link virtual machine in the following order.
Horizon Air Link
- In the Administration Console, navigate to the desktop assignments and power on the desktops within each assignment.
What to do next
Continue using your environment to confirm the system functions as normal.