When the update of the Horizon Cloud Node is complete, you can update the respective VMware agents in your master desktop virtual machines to finish the update process.
Verify that your Horizon Cloud Node system is updated. See Updating Horizon Cloud with On-Premises Infrastructure.
Download the new agents from the My VMware site.
- In the Administration Console, select Duplicate. , select the check box next to the image to update, and click
- Provide a name for the new image and click Save.
- On the Images page, refresh the page until the status of the image you duplicated changes to Published, which might take a few minutes, click New, and enter the name you provided for the duplicate image in the Desktop text box.
A dialog box appears prompting you to power on the desktop.
- Click Power On.
The New Image dialog box appears and values refresh in the box as the desktop's associated virtual machine powers on.
- Click the IP address to access the desktop using a remote desktop connection
The system downloads a Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) file so you can access the desktop using the RDP client. If a dialog box does not automatically appear for creating a remote desktop connection to the desktop, locate the downloaded RichClient.rdp and click it.
- In the remote desktop connection window, click the button to accept the connection.
- Log in to the desktop operating system and update it as required for your organization's needs, including installing the updated agents.
- In the Administration Console's New Image dialog box, update any additional required information until the Publish button is available.
Scroll through the New Image dialog box to verify all the required text boxes are filled in.
- Click Publish.
The image publishes.
- On the Images page, refresh the page until the status of the image you duplicated changes to Published, which might take a few minutes
- Select the check box next to the image, click ..., and select Push Updates.
The Push Updates dialog box appears.
- Select the check box next to the assignments to update and click OK.
The updated master desktop VM containing the updated agents replaces the desktop VMs in the assignments you selected.
The next time users log in, they each receive an updated image.