When using vSAN Ready Node cluster as the hyper-converged infrastructure for Horizon Cloud with On-Premises Infrastructure, use the vSAN Ready Node cluster vCenter to deploy the Horizon Air Link appliance OVA. After the appliance is deployed and powered on, you use it to connect with the VMware hosted service, Horizon Cloud, and begin the Horizon Cloud Node configuration process.
About this task
Horizon Cloud with On-Premises Infrastructure is not supported for use in a vCenter Server environment that has more than one virtual data center configured in it. That data center is the vSAN Ready cluster. When you set up Horizon Cloud with On-Premises Infrastructure in the vCenter Server environment, ensure that the environment contains only one data center before deploying the Horizon Air Link into the environment.
- Download the Horizon Air Link OVA file from the My VMware® Horizon Cloud with On-Premises Infrastructure download page.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to the vCenter server where you are installing the Horizon Air Link.
- Right-click your cluster and select deploy OVF Template.
- Browse to the local file you downloaded and click Next.
The page displays basic information about the OVF template.
- Click Next.
- Enter a name for the virtual machine, select the virtual data center you previously configured, and then click Next.
- Select vsanDatastore and click Next.
- On the Setup Networks tab, select dvpg-management and click Next.
- In the Authentication section, you can provide a new root password for the appliance.
The password is not required and defaults to
Passw0rd!unless you change it to a password of your own during deployment.
- In the Networking section, if you want to configure the appliance using DHCP, leave the IP address, Netmask, Default Gateway, and DNS Servers text boxes blank. Otherwise, provide values for the text boxes to statically configure the values.
For the DHCP option, confirm that DHCP is configured on the network you are deploying to.
- If your deployment requires you to configure a proxy server for outbound Internet access, in the Internet Proxy section, enter values in the Proxy Server, Proxy Port, Proxy Username, and Proxy Password text boxes. If your deployment does not require you to configure a proxy server, leave the text boxes blank.
- Click Next.
- Select the Power on after deployment check box and click Finish.
After a few minutes, the appliance deploys.
- Open the console for the virtual machine.
The console window displays the management URL. The link is in the format of https://HAL-IP-address:8443, where HAL-IP-address represents the IP address of your Horizon Air Link appliance.
The Horizon Air Link appliance is ready to start the Horizon Cloud Node setup process.
What to do next
Continue setting up this Horizon Cloud Node by:
Using a browser and navigating to the URL displayed in the Horizon Air Link appliance, such as https://HAL-IP-address:8443, using the IP address of the appliance.
Following the steps as described in Configure One or More Horizon Cloud Nodes.