After you install the DaaS Agent, you can edit the Monitor.ini file to manually configure the agent.
Find the tenant appliance address.
Install the Daas Agent. See Install the DaaS Agent.
- Navigate to the directory that contains the MonitorAgent.ini file.
64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Vmware DaaS Agent\service
32-bit: C:\Program Files\VMware\Vmware DaaS Agent\service
- Open the MonitorAgent.ini file for editing.
- In the [element] section, uncomment the standby_address and add the tenant appliance IP addresses, separated by a comma.
Obtain the tenant appliance IP addresses from your VMware representative.
For example: standby_address=10.31.5.20,10.31.5.21
- Set auto discover to 0.
- Save and close the file.
- On the Images page, select Download Bootstrap from the drop-down menu.
- Enter and re-enter a password of 8-20 ASCII characters containing at least one each of the following: lowercase letter, uppercase letter, number, and symbol (!@#$%^&*). Do not use non-ASCII characters in the password. Make a note of this password for future use.
- Log in to the image candidate VM.
- Open a command prompt as administrator and navigate to the DaaS Agent installation directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware DaaS Agent\service).
- Run the Keytool.exe file with the bootstrap file as an argument:
Keytool –f <absolute path to the bootstrap file>
- When prompted, enter the encryption password you set in step 3 above.
Keytool performs the bootstrap and moves the certificate to the cert folder.