Add desktops to a nested Organization Unit (OU).
About this task
When you create a desktop assignment, you can specify a domain OU in the Computer OU field. You cannot specify a nested OU. You must locate the nested OU information, then manually enter it in the Computer OU field.
- Open Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Select View > Advanced features (Enabled Advanced features).
- Navigate to the Organizational Unit where the desktops will be placed.
- Right-click and select Properties.
- Click the Attribute editor and select distinguishedName.
- Click View.
- Enter the distinguished name information in the Computer OU field on the Desktops Assignment page.
Only the OU= part of the string is required. The DC= part is optional.