You can create a new desktop image from the Getting Started page.
About this task
This process takes approximately 40 minutes. Be sure you allow sufficient time to complete it before you begin.
- From the Getting Started page, expand Desktop Assignment and then click the Go button next to Create Image.
The New Image dialog displays.
- In the Desktop field, start typing the first few letters of the template name.
All desktops that can be converted to an image will display. Note that it takes approximately five minutes after the template import for the inventory to display.
- Select the desktop name when it appears.
Make sure that the desktop is powered on prior to conversion.
- For Instant Clone, select Yes to create an Instant Clone image or No to create a Traditional Clone image.
Image type that uses VMware's NGVC technology to create VMs instantly for an assignment.
Proprietary image type that does full image cloning when creating assignments.
- Enter the required information as described below.
The image type you selected above affects the fields that display.
Name for the new image
[Instant Clone only] Select domain from the drop-down list
Your company name
Your time zone
[Traditional Clone only] Admin user for required desktop domain
[Traditional Clone only] Password for the Admin user
- Click Publish.
The publishing process takes approximately 40 minutes to complete. If successful, the Image task shows as Complete.Note:
Do not restore a VM to a snapshot taken prior to the bootstrapping process. If the agent has been already boot-strapped, this will prevent the agent from communicating as it should.
- If the publish operation fails:
- Select and locate the failed job.
- Correct the problem that caused the failure.
- Select and select the check box next to the image.
- Click ... and select Convert to Desktop.
- Repeat the steps above to re-publish the image.
What to do next
Proceed to Create New Desktop Assignment in the Desktop Assignment section of the Getting Started page. See Create a Desktops Assignment from the Getting Started Page.