A required step in configuring Universal Broker for your Horizon Cloud tenant is to use the console's Broker page to explicitly enable Universal Broker and start the setup wizard.
You can start the setup of Universal Broker from the console's Broker page if your tenant your pod fleet has one or more of the following:
- Horizon pods (based on Horizon Connection Server technology)
- Horizon Cloud pods in Microsoft Azure (based on the pod-manager technology) and which are all running at least the 2298.0 manifest or later.
- The tenant's pod fleet meets the above characteristics. In the case of Horizon Cloud pods, verify that all those pods are online and in a healthy, ready state. Doing that supports having a successful setup process.
- You have registered an Active Directory domain with your Horizon Cloud environment and assigned the Horizon Cloud Super Administrator role to an Active Directory domain group. See Perform the First Required Active Directory Domain Registration for Your Horizon Cloud Control Plane Tenant.
The console makes the Broker page inaccessible until you have completed those steps.
- There is a blue button on the Broker page to enable Universal Broker and initiate the setup wizard. If there is no button visible to start the setup wizard, the Universal Broker is already enabled for the tenant.
- In the console, navigate to
.The Broker page appears. The exact appearance of this page can depend on various factors, including the pod type for which you are setting up Universal Broker and whether you have already selected a broker for another pod type.
As an example, the following screenshot is an illustration of the Broker page when your pod fleet has only Horizon Cloud pods at pod manifest 2298.0 or later and no other pods.
The following screenshot is an illustration of the Broker selection page when your pod fleet has only Horizon pod deployments.
Important: In the case of Horizon Cloud pods, to support the successful setup of Universal Broker, verify that all your Horizon Cloud pods are online and in a healthy, ready state before you click the Broker page's Start button. The Universal Broker service needs to communicate with the pods and perform some configuration steps on the pods to complete the setup process. If any of the Horizon Cloud pods are offline or unavailable, the Universal Broker setup will fail.
- Click Start to start the setup.
Upon clicking Start, in the system's back end, the tenant record in the cloud plane is updated to reflect that Universal Broker is now enabled for this tenant environment.
At this point, the console immediately displays the Universal Broker configuration wizard for you to complete. Proceed through the wizard to complete the configuration settings.
What to do next
- Complete the steps in the broker configuration wizard as described in Configure Universal Broker Settings.