Use the following steps to create and prepare a desktop pool on a Horizon pod that can be added to a multi-cloud assignment. To support the use of Universal Broker as the brokering technology for the multi-cloud assignment, you must configure the desktop pool with certain mandatory settings.
- Log in to the Horizon Console user interface for any Connection Server instance in the target pod.
- In Horizon Console, select .
- Click Add.
The Add Pool wizard appears.
- To configure settings for the new pool, follow the prompts in the wizard. For detailed instructions, see Setting Up Virtual Desktops in Horizon, which is part of the VMware Horizon documentation set in Docs.vmware.com.
Configure the following mandatory settings.
- Type page: Select Automated Desktop Pool or Manual Desktop Pool.
- vCenter Server page: Select Instant Clone or Full Virtual Machines
- User Assignment page: Select Floating or Dedicated. If you select Dedicated, select Enable automatic assignment.
Do not configure any manual assignments of machines to users.
- Desktop Pool Settings page: Select Cloud Managed. Universal Broker only recognizes desktop pools marked as Cloud Managed.
Note: You cannot use Horizon Console to delete or deactivate a desktop pool configured as Cloud Managed.
- Remote Display Settings page: Select the default display protocol for the desktop pool.
- To configure additional settings for the pool, continue to follow the prompts in the wizard. When you are finished, click Submit to create the pool.
- If you configured a dedicated pool for use in a Universal Broker environment, remove any user assignments from virtual machines included in the pool. For more information, see Setting Up Virtual Desktops in Horizon, which is part of the VMware Horizon documentation set in Docs.vmware.com.