You perform management and administrative tasks on your cloud-connected pods using the cloud-based Horizon Cloud Administration Console. The console is a browser-based interface provided by the cloud service. You use an industry standard browser to log in to the console. Some details of the login steps vary depending on the configuration of your specific environment.
See About Authentication to a Horizon Cloud Tenant Environment for an overview of the authentication flows used to access the console.
Verify that you have the credentials of a My VMware account that is associated with the Horizon Cloud tenant environment.
When an Active Directory domain is already registered with the Horizon Cloud tenant, verify that you have the credentials for an Active Directory account in that domain that has access permissions.
- Navigate to the cloud service at https://cloud.horizon.vmware.com/ and log in using your preferred method.
The methods are described in About Authentication to a Horizon Cloud Tenant Environment. The following screenshot illustrates the login screen, using the My VMware credentials section of the login window.
If you have not previously accepted the Horizon Cloud terms of service using those My VMware credentials, a terms of service notification box appears after you click the Login button. Accept the terms of service to continue.
- Follow the on-screen flow, according to the authentication flow that is applicable to the Horizon Cloud tenant's state. For details about the tenant states and flows, see About Authentication to a Horizon Cloud Tenant Environment.
- If you see an error message that states AD permissions mismatch. Please contact your main administrator to review your assigned roles., this means that you are in an Active Directory group that has been assigned a role on the Roles & Permissions page of the console that provides fewer permissions than the role assigned to you in the My VMware section of the General Settings page. This discrepancy prevents you from logging in. To correct this issue, a person in your organization that has administrator privileges for the Horizon Cloud tenant can log in and change your assigned role in the My VMware section of the General Settings page so that the permissions are consistent with the permissions for your role selected on the Roles & Permissions page.
- If maintenance is being performed on your environment, a message appears on the login screen indicating that you are unable to log in during the maintenance period.
- If you mistype the Active Directory user name or password, the system redisplays the My VMware login screen. In this situation, you have to go through the My VMware login screen again to get to the Active Directory login screen and try again.
What to do next
If applicable, perform the Active Directory domain registration process to register your Active Directory domain with your Horizon Cloud customer account. See Performing Your First Active Directory Domain Registration in the Horizon Cloud Environment. You must finish the entire Active Directory registration process before you can work with any other services.