This Administration Guide explains how to use VMware Horizon® Cloud Service™ to administer the pods you have connected to this cloud service.
The service offers more than one deployment mode. This document applies when you are using the Horizon Cloud Administration Console to work with the following items:
- VMware Horizon® 7 pods that you installed on-premises and then connected to Horizon Cloud
- VMware Horizon 7 pods that you manually installed in your VMware Cloud™ on AWS SDDC and then connected to Horizon Cloud.
- Pods in your Microsoft Azure cloud capacity that you automatically deployed and configured using Horizon Cloud
To find out more about all of the various Horizon Cloud deployment modes, see https://www.vmware.com/cloud-services/desktop.html.
For information about how VMware handles information collected through this product, click here: https://www.vmware.com/help/privacy.html
The information in this document describes how to use the Horizon Cloud capabilities after the cloud service is connected to one of the its supported environments: a VMware Horizon 7 pod in VMware Cloud, a VMware Horizon 7 pod on-premises, or a pod in Microsoft Azure. For information on how to connect a supported environment to the cloud service, see the Horizon Cloud Deployment Guide.
Document Revision History
This document, Horizon Cloud Administration Guide, is updated with each release of the product or when necessary.
This table provides the update history.
|17 SEP 2019||Initial version, when the described features were deployed live into production.
For features relating to pods in Microsoft Azure, those features correspond to the software at manifest version 1600 and later. For features related to cloud-connected Horizon 7 pods, those features correspond to Horizon 7 at version 7.10 and Horizon 7 Cloud Connector 1.4 and later. Upgrade your pods to the latest versions to see all of the features described in this guide.
This document is intended for experienced IT system administrators who are familiar with virtual machine technology and datacenter operations.
Depending on your organization's needs and the type of pod you are working with, you might find it helpful to be familiar with these software products, software components, and their features:
- VMware Horizon 7
- VMware Cloud
- VMware Horizon® 7 Cloud Connector™
- VMware Unified Access Gateway™
- VMware Identity Manager™
- VMware Workspace™ ONE™
- VMware Horizon® Client™
- VMware Horizon® HTML Access™
- Microsoft Azure and its Marketplace
- Microsoft Active Directory
- VMware Dynamic Environment Manager™
About the Screenshots Used in This Document
The screenshots typically:
- Show only that portion of the overall user interface screen that corresponds to the text at which point the screenshot appears, and not necessarily the full user interface.
- Have blurred areas where appropriate to maintain data anonymity.
Horizon Cloud Community
Use the following communities to ask questions, explore answers given for questions asked by other users, and access links to useful information.
- VMware Horizon Cloud Service community at https://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/horizon-cloud-service
- VMware Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azure sub-community at https://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/horizon-cloud-service/horizon-cloud-on-azure, a sub-community of the VMware Horizon Cloud Service community.
Contacting VMware Support
Contact VMware Support when you need help with your Horizon Cloud environment.
- You can submit a support request to VMware Support online using your My VMware® account or by phone.
- KB 2144012 Customer Support Guidelines provides details for getting support depending on the issue encountered.
- After you have configured at least one cloud-connected pod, you can submit a support request by logging in to the Administration Console and clicking .
VMware Information Experience Glossary
VMware Information Experience provides a glossary of terms that might be unfamiliar to you. For definitions of terms as they are used in VMware technical documentation, go to http://www.vmware.com/support/pubs.