Use the following steps to prepare an existing desktop pool in a Horizon pod for use in a multi-cloud assignment brokered by Universal Broker. Universal Broker only supports desktop pools configured with certain mandatory settings.
To use an existing desktop pool in multi-cloud assignments brokered by Universal Broker, you must configure the pool with the mandatory settings described in the following procedure. You must also remove all local entitlements from the pool and any user assignments from virtual machines included in the pool.
- Log in to the Horizon Console user interface for any Connection Server instance in the pod that includes the desktop pool.
- In Horizon Console, select . In the list, select the desktop pool that you want to use in multi-cloud assignments and click Edit.
The Edit Pool wizard appears.
- Click the General tab. Under User Assignment, select Enable automatic assignment (if this option is available for the pool type).
- Click the Desktop Pool Settings tab and specify the following settings.
- For State, select Enabled.
- For Connection Server restrictions, click Browse, select No Restrictions, and then click Submit.
- Under General, select Cloud Managed. Universal Broker only recognizes desktop pools marked as Cloud Managed.
- To save the configuration and close the Edit Pool wizard, click OK.
- To remove all local entitlements from the desktop pool, select the pool on the Desktop Pools page and select .
- For a dedicated pool, remove any user assignments from virtual machines included in the pool. For more information, see Setting Up Virtual Desktops in Horizon, which is part of the VMware Horizon documentation set in Docs.vmware.com.