When you want to use an existing desktop pool from a Horizon pod with Universal Broker, you must make that pool suitable for use with Universal Broker and multi-cloud assignments. This documentation page describes the criteria that make the pool suitable for that use.
Universal Broker only supports desktop pools when they meet certain criteria.
- To use an existing desktop pool in multi-cloud assignments brokered by Universal Broker, you must configure the pool with mandatory settings as described in the following procedure.
- You must also remove all local entitlements from the pool and any user assignments from virtual machines included in the pool.
- Log in to the Horizon Console user interface for any Connection Server instance in the pod that includes the desktop pool.
- In Horizon Console, select . In the list, select the desktop pool that you want to use in multi-cloud assignments and click Edit.
The Edit Pool wizard appears.
- Click the General tab. Under User Assignment, select Enable automatic assignment (if this option is available for the pool type).
- Click the Desktop Pool Settings tab and specify the following settings.
- For State, select Enabled.
- For Connection Server restrictions, click Browse, select No Restrictions, and then click Submit.
- Under General, select Cloud Managed. Universal Broker only recognizes desktop pools marked as Cloud Managed.
- To save the configuration and close the Edit Pool wizard, click OK.
- Remove all local entitlements from the desktop pool by selecting the pool on the Desktop Pools page and selecting .
- If this pool is a dedicated desktop pool, remove any user assignments from the virtual machines included in the pool.
For the steps, refer to one of the following guides, depending on your pod's software version: Setting Up Virtual Desktops in Horizon for Horizon 7 7.13 version or Windows Desktops and Applications in Horizon for VMware Horizon 8 version 2006 and later.
What to do next
Now that the desktop pool is configured suitable for use in a multi-cloud assignment, proceed to Horizon Pods - Create a Multi-Cloud Assignment of VDI Desktops.