If your first pod deployment is hosting a pod in Microsoft Azure, before starting the steps described in this document, see also the VMware Horizon Cloud Service on Microsoft Azure Requirements Checklist. That document is available in PDF format, and it describes various prerequisite elements needed to have your first deployment into Microsoft Azure be successful.
If your first pod deployment is cloud-connecting an existing Horizon 7 pod, before starting the steps described in this document, see also the VMware Horizon 7 with VMware Horizon Cloud Service Requirements Checklist. That document is available in PDF format, and it describes various prerequisite elements needed to have your first deployment into VMware Cloud be successful.
When your very first pod is deployed into your Horizon Cloud environment, you must perform some initial getting-started tasks before you can leverage the full power of that pod or deploy additional pods. To read about those tasks, see the companion Horizon Cloud Administration Guide beginning with the topics Introduction to Horizon Cloud and Getting Started Using Your Horizon Cloud Environment in that guide.
Document Revision History
This document is updated with each release of the product or when necessary.
This table provides the update history.
|17 SEP 2019||Initial version, when the described features were deployed live into production.
This document describes the latest service features.
The information in this document is intended for experienced data center administrators with knowledge in the following areas.
- VMware Horizon
- VMware Horizon® 7 Cloud Connector™
- VMware Unified Access Gateway™
- VMware Identity Manager™
- Virtualization technology
- VMware Cloud™ on AWS (VMware Cloud)
- VMware Horizon® 7 on VMware Cloud™ on AWS
- Microsoft Azure
About the Screenshots Used in This Document
The screenshots typically:
- Show only that portion of the overall user interface screen that corresponds to the text at which point the screenshot appears, and not necessarily the full user interface.
- Have blurred areas where appropriate to maintain data anonymity.
Horizon Cloud Community
Use the following communities to ask questions, explore answers given for questions asked by other users, and access links to useful information.
- VMware Horizon Cloud Service community at https://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/horizon-cloud-service
- VMware Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azure sub-community at https://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/horizon-cloud-service/horizon-cloud-on-azure, a sub-community of the VMware Horizon Cloud Service community.
Contacting VMware Support
Contact VMware Support when you need help with your Horizon Cloud environment.
- You can submit a support request to VMware Support online using your My VMware® account or by phone.
- KB 2144012 Customer Support Guidelines provides details for getting support depending on the issue encountered.
- In the Administration Console, clicking , displays the link to that KB 2144012 also.
VMware Technical Publications Glossary
VMware Technical Publications provides a glossary of terms that might be unfamiliar to you. For definitions of terms as they are used in VMware technical documentation, visit http://www.vmware.com/support/pubs.