In this step in the workflow of onboarding a Horizon pod to Horizon Cloud, you run the
precheck.sh diagnostic tool to validate that the pod and Horizon Cloud Connector are both ready for the pairing process. By first running the diagnostics and remediating any blocking issues found in system components and configurations, you can maximize your chances of success when pairing the pod with Horizon Cloud.
precheck.shdiagnostic tool is only available for Horizon Cloud Connector 1.6 or later. If you have downloaded and deployed Horizon Cloud Connector 1.5 or earlier, disregard the following procedure and proceed directly to Complete Pairing the Horizon Pod with Horizon Cloud Using the Horizon Cloud Connector Configuration Portal.
precheck.shdiagnostic tool validates the health of the services and components that are required to pair your Horizon pod successfully with Horizon Cloud. In addition, the tool checks whether:
- The configurations related to certificates and proxy settings are correct.
- Connectivity with Horizon Cloud and Connection Server can be established.
- Any SSL-related issues exist for Horizon Cloud Connector.
Verify the following:
- You have completed the steps in Horizon Pods on Premises or in VMware Cloud on AWS: Download and Deploy the Horizon Cloud Connector into the Pod's vSphere Environment, including the steps to Enable SSH Access to the Horizon Cloud Connector Before Pairing It with Your Horizon Connection Server.
- The Horizon Cloud Connector virtual appliance is powered on.
- Open an SSH session to your deployed Horizon Cloud Connector virtual appliance.
- Run the diagnostic tool by using the following command. Replace CS-FQDN with the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the pod's Connection Server.
If the diagnostic tool discovers an issue that prevents the pairing of your Horizon pod with Horizon Cloud, it reports the following information:
Note: The diagnostic tool always reports one or both of the following expected conditions as part of its output. Both conditions are normal and expected at this stage of the onboarding workflow, and neither one blocks the pairing of the Horizon pod with Horizon Cloud.
- Name of the problem component or service
- Status of the problem component or service
- Associated error message and details
- Suggested remediation steps, if any, to restore the component or service to a healthy and ready state
Component/Service Name: "Cloud Broker Client Service" Status: "NOT_INITIALIZED" Message: Service is not initialized.
This condition pertains to the optional Universal Broker service, which remains in the NOT_INITIALIZED state until it is enabled as described in Setting Up Horizon Universal Broker for Multi-Cloud Assignments. You can still successfully pair the Horizon pod with Horizon Cloud when Universal Broker is in the NOT_INITIALIZED state. Therefore, this condition does not represent a blocking issue and you can disregard it.
Component/Service Name: "Connector Client Service" Status: "FAIL" Message: Connector service is initialized post on-boarding.
The Horizon Cloud Connector client service is initialized after you complete the pairing procedure, because the initialization process requires connectivity to Horizon Cloud. Therefore, the FAIL condition is expected at this stage of the onboarding workflow. After you pair the Horizon pod with Horizon Cloud, the Horizon Cloud Connector client service is initialized and the FAIL condition clears.
- If the diagnostic tool reports an issue that interferes with the pairing process, investigate the affected component or service and perform the suggested remediation steps. As previously noted, you can disregard error conditions for "Cloud Broker Client Service" and "Connector Client Service" because they are not blocking issues.
As needed, repeat steps 2 and 3 to run the diagnostic tool again and troubleshoot problems until the tool does not report any blocking issues that prevent the pairing process. The Horizon pod and Horizon Cloud Connector are now ready for the pairing process.Note: If you attempt the pairing process without first clearing any blocking issues reported by the diagnostic tool, the pairing process might fail.
- Continue with the pod onboarding workflow by following the steps in Complete Pairing the Horizon Pod with Horizon Cloud Using the Horizon Cloud Connector Configuration Portal.