By reassociating or moving markers, you can update a desktop assignment to use a different image version from the one that it currently uses. To update a desktop assignment, move its associated marker from the current image version to the new version.
- In the Horizon Universal Console, select .
The console displays all the images registered in the image catalog.
- Click the name of the image containing the updated version that you want the desktop assignment to use.
The details page for the image appears, listing all its current versions.
- To move the appropriate marker to the image version that you want the desktop assignment to use, click the selection button next to that version, and then click Edit.
- For the Markers option, specify the marker that is associated with the desktop assignment.
Note: If the specified marker is currently associated with another image version, an alert message appears. The message notifies you that a change in the association between the marker and image version updates all associated desktop assignments with the newly marked image version.
- To proceed with the marker reassociation and all applicable desktop assignment updates, click Submit.
- For Horizon pods, moving the marker prompts Horizon Image Management Service to update all associated desktop assignments with the new image version.
- For pods in Microsoft Azure, moving the marker prompts Horizon Image Management Service to first validate whether all the associated desktop assignments are online and ready to receive an image update. If the validation is successful, Horizon Image Management Service proceeds to update the associated desktop assignments with the new image version.
Note: The validation can fail when one or more desktop assignments are undergoing configuration changes such as desktop provisioning and not in an online state. In this case, the marker reassociation fails with an error status and the image update does not occur. To retry the image update, wait for all the desktop assignments to come back online and then repeat the steps for moving the marker to the new image version.