You can manage data centers on the Data Centers page.
The Data Centers screen lists all associated data centers. You can view or edit basic information such as the name and description, and you can also add other management appliances such as resource managers using the Add Appliance button in the Edit Data Center dialog.
Each Data Center has appliances. For example, during the initial installation, you create a High Availability (HA) Service Provider Appliance and a Tenant Resource Manager. To add additional appliances:
- Select service grid > data centers.
- Click Edit. The system displays the Edit Data Center popup.
- Verify the displayed information and click Add Appliances. The Appliance Install screen displays.
- Select either Service Provider Appliance or Resource Manager from the Appliance Type drop-down.
- Enter the name and IP address.
- Click Create a New Reservation.
Enter values for the following fields:
- Friendly Name - This is the name of the reservations that will appear on the Reservations screen.
- Start Date - Select Today from the drop-down or enter the month, day, and year.
- Start Time - Enter 00:00 to indicate now, or the actual time in UT format.
- Contact Email - The email of the person who should receive notices regarding the reservation.
- Click Create Appliance.
If you want to check the status of a reservation, select appliances > reservations.
Change the NTP Server
To change or add external NTP servers on a Service Provider, perform the following steps:
- Edit the /etc/ntp.conf file.
Find the following line in the file:
#You do need to talk to an NTP server or two (or three).
On subsequent lines following this line, for each NTP server, add a unique line of the following form:
- If you are changing the existing NTP server, replace the existing name.
- If you are adding another NTP server, add a new line that specifies the name of the additional NTP server.
Restart the NTP server using the following command:
sudo /etc/init.d/ntp restart