This topic describes the Desktone_ApplicationServerStatistics CIM provider.
There will be a single instance of this class for all of the application appliances (that is, this will not be present in DB appliances).
These properties report on operations of the JVM (Java virtual machine) used for the application.
- InstanceID: Key to uniquely identify the instance of this class. Set to DesktonehostName_Jboss.
- ThreadCount: Total number of threads running during the monitoring sample.
- ThreadGroupCount: Total number of thread groups that exist during the sample time.
- HeapSize: Current size of heap memory ●
- MaxHeapSize: Maximum heap memory allowed on the application server.
- Uptime: The length of time the application server has been running in milliseconds.
- Heap size used: 100*HeapSize/MaxHeapSize. Recommendation is to warn at 85% and then increase the alert priority in 5% increments (that is, 90, 95, 100).
At 85%, schedule a restart of the dtService. At 90% or higher, restart the dtService immediately:
$ service dtService restart
If the heap memory used increases to high levels often (more than once per week), you should analyze your environment together with VMware support.