The platform captures desktop usage for each tenant so the Service Provider can have access to billing summary information.
All billing information retrieval must be done via REST APIs. The retrieval of billing information via scripts is not supported.
For each data center associated with a tenant, the platform captures the following data:
- The quota for each desktop model.
- The desktops in use for each model.
- The quota for each protocol.
- The desktops in use for each protocol.
By default, the platform captures this information daily just after midnight (UTC) and purges previous summaries older than 180 days.
Unlimited quota is represented with the value -1.
Description of Record Layout
The table below describes the values returned in each column.
|Column Name||Sample Value||Description|
|snapshot||201203220856||Date and Time of record (format: yyyyMMddhhmm)|
|org_id||1001||The unique ID of the Organization/Tenant|
|org_name||Tenant A||The name for the tenant identified by org_id|
|datacenter_id||5925d361-4c1c-490e-9616-c5041d067b8e||A unique ID that identifies the Datacenter location|
|status||enabled||The status of the tenant: Enabled, Disabled, Error|
|type_id||1cb3f348-f987-4834-a33c-742ef30d356b||Unique Id for given Type:
|desktop_model_name||Pro||This value is blank for a Template.Quota|
|model_protocols||31|| If the type is PROTOCOL, this column indicates the bitmask value for that protocol.
For example, the bitmask 31 means RDP, RGS, HDX, VNC, and NX are available and the bitmask 1 means only RDP. If the type is DESKTOPMODEL, this column is ignored and contains 0.
|quota||17||Error Value of -1|
|in_use_count||17||When Session Type= Number of sessions provisioned for; otherwise -1 indicates an error while the summary was being taken or that the system could not communicate with the tenant. The in_use_count can be higher than the quota only if the VMs exist on the hypervisor or are created outside the environment. This occurs only for Imported or Utility Desktop Model Quota mapped to the Imported, Recycle and Utility pools.|
|date_updated||2012-03-22 08:56:30.784||The last time this row was modified|
|type||PROTOCOL||Indicates the type of quota (DESKTOPMODEL, SESSION, PROTOCOL, TEMPLATE)|
Override Report Intervals
By default, the platform captures billing summary information daily just after midnight (UTC) and purges previous summaries older than 180 days. To override these default intervals, follow the procedure below.
- In the Service Center, select tenants > policy.
- On the Policy Configuration page, set the following policies:
- billing.summary.collection.interval - The interval between billing collections in milliseconds (ms). The default is 86400000 ms (24 hours).
- billing.summary.purge.interval policies - The number of days to retain billing summary records in the database. The default is 180 days. Records older than the interval are purged from the database. Set to 0 to retain all billing history in the database.