The Datastores tab is used to set up datastores for your system to use.
- If no such datastores are found, assignment creation fails.
- If such a datastore is found and used, VMs might not be placed on the same datastore as the template VM, which can also cause performance issues for users.
To set up datastores:
- Click the appropriate text box (Desktop Primary Storage, Desktop Auxiliary Storage).
- Enter a regular expression for the names of the datastores.
- In order for a datastore to be added, that datastore must be present, using a consistent name, on all compute resources assigned to a given desktop manager.
If you set up multiple datastores for desktop storage, clones are put on the datastore that contains the image if it is 75% full or less. If that datastore is more than 75% full, then the clones are put on the datastore that has more space available.
- The 75% threshold above is a default setting that can be changed using the datastore.max.usage.percent policy.