Perform the tasks below to create tenant appliances.
- In Service Center, select tenants > register a tenant.
The Register a tenant page displays.
- On the General Info tab, the only required fields are the Tenant Name, Administrator Name, and Database Password. Enter this information and any of the non-required field data that you want to maintain.
- On the Networks tab, next to the data center drop-down, click Add and enter values for the fields listed in the table below (for both primary and secondary).
The default networking option is to use VLANs mapped to virtual networks on each of the vSphere hosts. When using vCenter there is an option of using distributed virtual switches (DVS). This is an install time decision and cannot be changed after the tenant has been installed.
VLAN ID, VXLAN ID, or DVPG Name
Network ID Type
VLAN, VXLAN, or DVS
Free Form Text Field
Directory Name server
- On the Custom Fields tab, enter any site-specific information you want to maintain. These are free-form text fields with no data validation.
- After entering your information on the General Info, Networks, and Custom Fields tabs, select Save and Create Appliances.
- Enter values for the fields listed in the table below (primary and secondary).
Floating IP Address
- Wait for the system to spawn your tenant appliances (time will vary depending on infrastructure). To check the status of a reservation, select appliances > reservations.
- Verify that the appliances were created.