Blast with HTML Access enables access to a desktop via any HTML5 compliant web browser.
To use Blast with HTML Access:
- Each virtual desktop must have the latest versions of the Horizon Agent and DaaS Agent installed.
- For internal access not via Access Point, SSL certificate install automation must be configured. See Automating SSL Certificate Install for VMware Blast
- There are additional requirements for launching remote applications, as described below.
System Requirements for Using HTML Access (Blast)
Browser on client system:
- Chrome 41 or higher
- Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Safari 7 or higher (Mobile Safari is not supported for this release.)
- Firefox 36 or higher
Client operating systems:
- Windows 7 SP1 (32- or 64-bit)
- Windows 8.x Desktop (32- or 64-bit)
- Windows 10 desktop (32- or 64-bit)
- Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9)
- Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10)
- Chrome OS 28.x or later
HTML Access (Blast) Support for RDSH Applications
Launching RDSH applications is supported in HTML Access.
Note the following:
- Access Point 2.0 remote access gateway must be deployed (confirm with your Service Provider).
- This functionality does not work for iOS or Android.