You can install the Horizon Agent on a Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 desktop.
- Download the latest Horizon Agent from the Myvmware download site. Note that there are separate downloads for 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems.
- Double-click the Horizon Agent installation file (file name is: VMware-viewagent-x86_64-x.y.z-nnnnnnn.exe for the 64-bit installer).
- Perform a custom installation with the following options:
- Deselect VMware Horizon View Composer Agent.
- Select VMware Horizon Instant Clone Agent.
- Restart the virtual machine when prompted.
What to do next
- For improved security regarding the use of the Horizon Agent, disable weak ciphers in SSL and TLS, which requires you to edit the Group Policy Object (GPO) of the Active Directory server. See the appropriate Horizon Agent documentation for information about disabling weak ciphers in SSL/TLS, such as in the VMware Horizon 7 documentation set.
- Install the DaaS Agent