You can install the Horizon Agent on Windows Server 2008 R2 or 2012 R2 as a personal desktop.
- Download the latest Horizon Agent from VMware’s website (https://my.vmware.com). Note that there are separate downloads for 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems.
- Double-click the Horizon Agent installation file (file name is: VMware-viewagent-x86_64-x.y.z-nnnnnnn.exe for the 64-bit installer).
- Select the option to install the Horizon Agent in desktop mode.
- Perform a custom installation with the following options:
Deselect VMware Horizon View Composer Agent.
- Restart the virtual machine when prompted.
What to do next
For improved security regarding the use of the Horizon Agent, disable weak ciphers in SSL and TLS, which requires you to edit the Group Policy Object (GPO) of the Active Directory server. See the appropriate Horizon Agent documentation for information about disabling weak ciphers in SSL/TLS, such as in the VMware Horizon 7 documentation set.