With HTML Access, the client system requires a supported browser; no additional software is needed. However, the VMware Horizon deployment must meet certain software requirements.
- Browsers on the client system
Browser Version Chrome 100, 101, 102, 103 Safari 13, 14 Firefox 99, 100, 101, 102 Microsoft EdgeNote: Supported only on Windows clients. 44, 100, 101, 102, 103 VMware Workspace ONE Web The latest version in the Apple App Store (iOS devices) or Google Play Store (Android devices).Note:
- On an Android device, Chrome does not support the Windows key, multiple monitors, copy and paste to the system, file transfer, printing, H.264 decoding, credential cleanup, and an external mouse. The Del, Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+Y, Ctrl+Z key combinations do not work on the software keyboard.
- On a mobile device, Safari does not support an external mouse, the Windows key, multiple monitors, copy and paste to the system, file transfer, printing, H.264 decoding, credential cleanup, and Real-Time Audio-Video.
- For geolocation redirection, the feature requires location services to be activated on the local operating system and on Horizon Agent. If you deny permission to use location services locally and the services are On on the agent, the feature uses the location of the agent. For example, if the remote desktop requests weather information and the server is located in Palo Alto, CA and the client device is in Bellevue, WA; the location for the server is used and the remote desktop displays weather for Palo Alto, CA.
- Client operating systems
Operating System Version Windows
10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
11 (Big Sur)
10.13.x (High Sierra)
iOS 10 or later Android 7 or later
- Remote desktops
- HTML Access supports all the desktop operating systems that Horizon Agent supports.
- Pool settings
HTML Access requires certain pool settings.
- The Max resolution of any one monitor setting must be 1920x1200 or higher so that the remote desktop has at least 17.63 MB of video RAM.
- If you use 3D applications, or if end users use a MacBook with Retina Display or a Google Chromebook Pixel, see Setting the Screen Resolution.
- Connection Server
- For Horizon 8 deployments, install the HTML Access component in Connection Server. For more information, see Preparing Connection Server.
- Third-party firewalls
Add rules to allow the following traffic:
- For servers, allow inbound traffic to TCP port 8443.
- For virtual desktop machines, allow inbound traffic (from servers) to TCP port 22443.
When you install the HTML Access component in Connection Server, the VMware Horizon View Connection Server (Blast-In) rule is On in the Windows Firewall. This rule configures the firewall to allow inbound traffic to TCP port 8443 automatically.
- Display protocols
When you use a web browser to access a remote desktop, the client uses the VMware Blast display protocol; not PCoIP or Microsoft RDP. VMware Blast uses HTTPS (HTTP over SSL/TLS).