You can configure group policy settings for HTML Access by adding the group policy template file vdm_blast.adm to the domain policy. This template is for the VMware Blast display protocol, which is the only display protocol that HTML Access uses.
About this task
Before HTML Access 4.0 and Horizon 7.0, only HTML Access uses the VMware Blast display protocol. Starting with HTML Access 4.0 and Horizon 7.0, VMware Blast is available to all Horizon Clients.
For HTML Access 4.0 and Horizon 7.0, you configure VMware Blast group policy settings for HTML Access and all other Horizon Clients. For more information, see "Configuring Policies for Desktop and Application Pools" and "VMware Blast Policy Settings" in the Setting Up Desktop and Application Pools in View document.
If you have HTML Access 3.5 or earlier and Horizon 6.2.x or earlier, use the following procedure to configure group policy settings for HTML Access.
Familiarize yourself with the information about setting up View group policy settings in Active Directory. See "Configuring Policies for Desktop and Application Pools" in Setting Up Desktops and Applications in View.
Familiarize yourself with the HTML Access group policy settings. See Group Policy Settings for HTML Access.
- Download the View GPO Bundle .zip file from the VMware download site at https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads.
Under Desktop & End-User Computing, select the VMware Horizon 7 download, which includes the GPO Bundle.
The file is named VMware-Horizon-Extras-Bundle-x.x.x-yyyyyyy.zip, where x.x.x is the version and yyyyyyy is the build number. All ADM and ADMX files that provide group policy settings for View are available in this file.
- Copy the file to your Active Directory server and unzip the file.
The HTML Access GPOs are included in the vdm_blast.adm template file.
- On the Active Directory server, edit the GPO.
- Select .
- Expand your domain, right-click the GPO that you created for the group policy settings, and select Edit.
The Group Policy Object Editor window appears.
- In the Group Policy Object Editor, right-click Administrative Templates under Computer Configuration and then select Add/Remove Templates.
- Click Add, browse to the vdm-blast.adm file, and click Open.
- Click Close to apply the policy settings in the template file to the GPO.
The VMware Blast folder appears in the left pane under.
- Configure the HTML Access group policy settings.
- Make sure your policy settings are applied to the remote desktops.
- Run the gpupdate.exe command on the desktops.
- Restart the desktops.