As a technology preview, if you use a Chrome browser (version 55 or later), you can use multiple monitors in HTML Access client to display a remote desktop window.
About this task
You can add up to one additional monitor to your primary monitor to display the current remote desktop window to which you are connected. For example, if you have three monitors, you can specify that the remote desktop window appears on only two of those monitors. Adjacent monitors should be selected for the multiple-monitor setup. The monitors can be side by side or stacked vertically.
After logging in to a server, disable the High Resolution Mode setting in one of two ways:
Prior to launching a desktop, click Settings from the desktop selector page and turn off High Resolution Mode.
After launching a desktop, click the Open Menu toolbar button at the top of the sidebar, click Settings, and turn off High Resolution Mode.
If the launched desktop does not have 100% DPI, log off and log back in to the remote desktop again in order to use the multiple-monitor feature.
- Start Horizon Client and log in to a server.
- In the desktop and application selection window, click the icon for the remote desktop that you want to access.
- Click the sidebar tab to display the sidebar.
- Click the Open Menu toolbar button at the top of the sidebar, select Display Settings.
- In the Display Settings dialog window, click Add Display.
If the Display Selector browser window does not appear, add your Horizon server's FQDN address into the Pop-up exceptions section of your browser's Content settings window.
- Drag the Display Selector window so that it appears in the other monitor display that you want to use.
The message in the Display Selector browser window changes and a gray rectangular icon is added.
- In the Display Selector browser window, click the + monitor icon to confirm that you want to use the current monitor display.
The Waiting for other displays message appears on the current monitor display and the gray monitor icon in the Display settings window in your primary display changes to a green color.
- Click OK in the Display Settings window when you are done adding the monitor displays that you want to use for the session.
The Display Settings window is dismissed, the Waiting for other displays message is cleared in the non-primary monitor display and displays the remote desktop window.
- To exit the multiple displays mode, press Esc and click Yes in the Exit the multiple displays mode dialog window to confirm.
Each time you need to use the Esc key in the remote desktop, open the sidebar tab, click the Open Menu toolbar button at the top of the sidebar, and select Send ESC.