During the Cloud Pod Architecture initialization process, the Cloud Pod Architecture feature creates a pod federation that contains a single pod. You can use Horizon Console to join additional pods to the pod federation. Joining additional pods is optional.
- Make sure the Connection Server instances that you want to join have different host names. You cannot join servers that have the same name, even if they are in different domains.
- Initialize the Cloud Pod Architecture feature. See Initialize the Cloud Pod Architecture Feature in Horizon Console.
- Log in to the Horizon Console use interface for any Connection Server in the pod that you are joining to the pod federation.
- Select Join the pod federation. and click
- In the Connection Server (host name or IP address) text box, type the host name or IP address of any Connection Server instance in any pod that has been initialized or is already joined to the pod federation.
- In the User name (domain/username) text box, type the name of a Horizon administrator user on the already initialized pod.
Use the format domain\username.
- In the Password text box, type the password for the Horizon administrator user.
- To join the pod to the pod federation, click OK.
Horizon Console shows the progress of the join operation. The default pod name is based on the host name of the Connection Server instance. For example, if the host name is CS1, the pod name is Cluster-CS1.
What to do next
You can repeat these steps to join additional pods to the pod federation.