You can create a unique digital watermark as a solution for authenticity, content integrity, and ownership protection of your intellectual property. A watermark shows traceable information that can deter people from stealing potential data.
Watermark Features and Limitations
- Published applications and applications running on a desktop pool
- Virtual desktops and RDS hosts
- Nested mode
- Multiple monitors
- Primary session in a collaborative session
- RDP protocol is not supported.
- HTML5 multimedia redirection is not supported.
- Recorded sessions in Zoom or Webex applications do not include the watermark.
- Screen capture applications and the Print Screen key do not include the watermark.
- Windows remote assitance does not show the watermark.
- If you use an old client version with the latest agent version, the watermark shows on the agent side, but some remote desktop redirection features such as Skype and Microsoft Teams do not function.
- If you use the latest client version with an old agent version, the watermark does not display.
- A shadow session in a collaborative session cannot show the watermark.
Using Group Policy Settings to Configure Watermark
You can configure watermark features, such as the text content, layout, rotation, and opacity, by editing the group policy settings. See VMware View Agent Configuration ADMX Template Settings. Changes take effect at the subsequent login.