You create a published desktop pool as part of the process to give users access to desktops that run on a farm of RDS hosts.
- Set up RDS hosts. See Setting Up Remote Desktop Services Hosts.
- Create a farm that contains the RDS hosts. See Creating and Managing Farms.
- Decide how to configure the pool settings. See Published Desktop Pools Settings.
- In Horizon Console, select .
- Click Add.
- Select RDS Desktop Pool and click Next.
- Provide a pool ID, display name, and description.
The pool ID is the unique name that identifies the pool in Horizon Console. The display name is the name of the published desktop pool that users see when they log in to Horizon Client. If you do not specify a display name, it will be the same as the pool ID.
- Select pool settings.
- Select an existing farm or create a farm for this pool.
What to do next
Entitle users to access the pool.