You must perform certain tasks to prepare a non-vSphere machine to be managed by Horizon.
- Verify that you have administrative rights on the non-vSphere machine.
- To make sure that remote desktop users are added to the local Remote Desktop Users group of the non-vSphere machine, create a restricted Remote Desktop Users group in Active Directory. See the Horizon Installation document for more information.
- Power on the non-vSphere machine and verify that it is accessible to the Connection Server instance.
- Join the non-vSphere machine to the Active Directory domain for your remote desktops.
- Configure the Windows firewall to allow Remote Desktop connections to the non-vSphere machine.
What to do next
Install Horizon Agent on the non-vSphere machine. See Install Horizon Agent on a Non-vSphere Machine.