Before you can configure location-based printing, you must install the location-based printing user interface. The location-based printing user interface is distributed as a dynamic linked library (DLL) named vmware-print-lbpsettingui.dll. You install the DLL file as an MMC snap-in by running InstallUtil.exe.
Sometimes, the operating system treats the vmware-print-lbpsettingui.dll file as an insecure binary file and blocks the DLL from loading. To unblock the file, right-click the filename, select Properties, click the General tab, and click Unblock in the Security section.
- Download the VMware Horizon GPO bundle ZIP file from the VMware download site at https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads to your Active Directory server.
Under Desktop & End-User Computing, select the VMware Horizon download, which includes the GPO Bundle. The file is named VMware-Horizon-Extras-Bundle-YYMM-x.x.x-yyyyyyyy.zip, where YYMM is the marketing version, x.x.x is the internal version, and yyyyyyyy is the build number.
- Extract the vmware-print-lbpsettingui.dll file from the ZIP file.
- Open a command prompt with administrator privileges.
For example, click Start, type command, right-click Command Prompt, and select Run as administrator.
- At the command prompt, run InstallUtil.exe to install the vmware-print-lbpsettingui.dll file.
installutil.exe C:\vmware-print-lbpsettingui.dllInstallUtil.exe is usually in the Microsoft.NET directory, for example, C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319.
- To verify that the location-based printing user interface is installed, open the Group Policy Management Editor and navigate to
.The LBP Setting UI group policy setting appears under Software Settings in the left navigation pane.
What to do next
Configure the LBP Setting UI group policy setting. See Configure Location-Based Printing.