You can create a manual desktop pool for Linux virtual machines.
- Verify that Horizon Agent is installed on the Linux guest operating systems. See Install Horizon Agent on a Linux Virtual Machine.
- Verify that VMware vCenter Server is added to Horizon Connection Server .
- In Horizon Console, add a manual desktop pool.
Select.Note: Do not create Windows and Linux virtual machines in the same desktop pool.
- Select Manual Desktop Pool.
- Select virtual machines that are either managed or unmanaged by vCenter Server and click Next.
- Select either dedicated or floating user assignments for the machines in the desktop pool and click Next.
- Follow the prompts in the wizard to create the pool.
On the Desktop Pool Settings page, set the following options.
Option Description Default display protocol VMware Blast Allow users to choose protocol No 3D Renderer Manage using vSphere Client for 2D desktop and NVIDIA GRID vGPU for 3D desktopNote: The pool settings are mandatory. Else, you might fail to connect to the desktop and get a protocol error or a black screen.
- After creating the desktop pool, entitle users to the machines in the desktop pool. In Horizon Console, select the desktop pool, select Entitlements > Add entitlement, and add users or groups.