If the Windows Server host on which Connection Server is installed does not trust the root certificate for the signed TLS server certificate, you must import the root certificate into the Windows local computer certificate store. In addition, if the Connection Server host does not trust the root certificates of the TLS server certificates configured for vCenter Server hosts, you also must import those root certificates.
If the Connection Server and vCenter Server certificates are signed by a root CA that is known and trusted by the Connection Server host, and there are no intermediate certificates in your certificate chains, you can skip this task. Commonly used Certificate Authorities are likely to be trusted by the host.
You must import untrusted root certificates on all replicated Connection Server instances in a pod.
If a server certificate is signed by an intermediate CA, you also must import each intermediate certificate in the certificate chain. To simplify client configuration, import the entire intermediate chain to vCenter Server hosts as well as Connection Server hosts. If intermediate certificates are missing from a Connection Server host, they must be configured for clients and computers that launch Horizon Console. If intermediate certificates are missing from a vCenter Server host, they must be configured for each Connection Server instance.
If you already verified that the entire certificate chain is imported into the Windows local computer certificate store, you can skip this task.
- In the MMC console on the Windows Server host, expand the Certificates (Local Computer) node and go to the folder.
- If your root certificate is in this folder, and there are no intermediate certificates in your certificate chain, skip to step 7.
- If your root certificate is not in this folder, proceed to step 2.
- Right-click the folder and click .
- In the Certificate Import wizard, click Next and browse to the location where the root CA certificate is stored.
- Select the root CA certificate file and click Open.
- Click Next, click Next, and click Finish.
- If your server certificate was signed by an intermediate CA, import all intermediate certificates in the certificate chain into the Windows local computer certificate store.
- Go to the folder.
- Repeat steps 3 through 6 for each intermediate certificate that must be imported.
- Restart the Connection Server service or vCenter Server service to make your changes take effect.