You can add the policy settings in the RTAV ADMX file (vdm_agent_rtav.admx), to group policy objects (GPOs) in Active Directory and configure the settings in the Group Policy Object Editor.
- Verify that the RTAV setup option is installed on your virtual machine desktops and RDS hosts. This setup option is installed by default but can be deselected during installation. The settings have no effect if RTAV is not installed. See your Setting Up document for information on installing Horizon Agent.
- Verify that Active Directory GPOs are created for the RTAV group policy settings. The GPOs must be linked to the OU that contains your virtual machine desktops or RDS hosts. See Active Directory Group Policy Example.
- Verify that the Microsoft MMC and the Group Policy Object Editor snap-in are available on your Active Directory server.
- Familiarize yourself with RTAV group policy settings. See Real-Time Audio-Video Group Policy Settings.
- Download the VMware Horizon GPO Bundle .zip file from the VMware download site at https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads.
Under Desktop & End-User Computing, select the VMware Horizon download, which includes the GPO Bundle.
The file is named VMware-Horizon-Extras-Bundle-YYMM-x.x.x-yyyyyyyy.zip, where YYMM is the marketing version, x.x.x is the internal version and yyyyyyyy is the build number. All ADMX files that provide group policy settings for VMware Horizon are available in this file.
- Unzip the VMware-Horizon-Extras-Bundle-YYMM-x.x.x-yyyyyyyy.zip file and copy the ADMX files to your Active Directory server.
- Copy the vdm_agent_rtav.admx file and the en-US folder to the C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions folder on your Active Directory server.
- (Optional) Copy the language resource file (vdm_agent_rtav.adml) to the appropriate subfolder in C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\ on your Active Directory server.
- On the Active Directory server, open the Group Policy Management Editor and enter the path to the template file in the editor.
The settings are located in thefolder.
What to do next
Configure the group policy settings.