To apply Horizon component group policy settings to your desktops and applications, add their ADMX template files to GPOs.
- Create GPOs for the Horizon component group policy settings and link them to the OU that contains your Horizon machines.
- Verify that you can log in as an Administrator domain user on the machine that hosts your Active Directory server.
- Verify that the MMC and the Group Policy Management snap-in are available on your Active Directory server.
- Download the VMware Horizon GPO Bundle .zip file from the VMware download site at https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads.
Under Desktop & End-User Computing, select the VMware Horizon download, which includes the GPO Bundle.
The file is named VMware-Horizon-Extras-Bundle-YYMM-x.x.x-yyyyyyyy.zip, where YYMM is the marketing version, x.x.x is the internal version and yyyyyyyy is the build number. All ADMX files that provide group policy settings for VMware Horizon are available in this file.
- Unzip the VMware-Horizon-Extras-Bundle-YYMM-x.x.x-yyyyyyyy.zip file and copy the ADMX files to your Active Directory server.
- Copy the .admx files and the en-US folder to the %systemroot%\PolicyDefinitions folder on your Active Directory server.
- Copy the language resource (.adml) files to the appropriate subfolder in %systemroot%\PolicyDefinitions\ on your Active Directory server.
- On the Active Directory server, open the Group Policy Management Editor and enter the path to the template files where they appear in the editor after installation.
What to do next
Configure the group policy settings and enable loopback processing for your Horizon machines.