To use the Firefox browser for client-to-agent URL content redirection from a Linux client, you must install and enable the VMware Horizon URL Redirection Extension for Firefox.
You can use the Firefox Add-ons Manager to find the installer for the VMware Horizon URL Redirection Extension.
- Install the Firefox browser on the Linux client system. For the supported browser versions, see System Requirements for URL Content Redirection.
- Install Horizon Client for Linux on the Linux client system. For instructions, see the VMware Horizon Client for Linux Installation and Setup Guide document.
- Configure URL Content Redirection settings on the Connection Server instance. See Configuring Client-to-Agent Redirection.
- Start Firefox on the Linux system.
Starting the browser creates a profile folder on the client system that is required to support the URL Content Redirection feature.
- From the Firefox menu, select Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons Manager page, type vmware into the search text box to locate the VMware Horizon URL Redirection Extension.
- Select the VMware Horizon URL Redirection Extension, and follow the prompts to add this extension to Firefox.
- To verify that the Firefox extension is installed, return to the Add-ons Manager page and click Extensions. Verify that the extension appears under the Enabled list.
- Start Horizon Client on the Linux system and connect to a Connection Server instance on which URL Content Redirection settings have been configured.
Horizon Client downloads the necessary URL Content Redirection configurations to the Linux system.
- Restart Firefox.
What to do next
The first time a URL is redirected from the Firefox browser on the Linux client, the user is prompted to open the URL in Horizon Client. The user must specify Horizon Client as the application for opening the URL and click Open link, or URL redirection does not occur. If the user selects the option to remember this choice and always allow links to be opened with Horizon Client (recommended), this prompt does not appear again.