To support scanner redirection, your VMware Horizon deployment must meet certain software and hardware requirements.
- Remote desktop or published application
You must install Horizon Agent with the Scanner Redirection setup option enabled on the virtual desktop or RDS host for published desktops and published applications. The Horizon Agent Scanner Redirection setup option is deselected by default.This feature is supported on the following virtual desktops and RDS hosts.
- 64-bit Windows 10 1903
- Windows Server 2012 R2 configured as a desktop or RDS host
- Windows Server 2016 configured as a desktop with Desktop Experience installed
- Windows Server 2016 configured as RDS host
- Windows Server 2019 configured as a desktop or RDS host
The scanner device drivers do not have to be installed on the desktop operating system where Horizon Agent is installed.
- Horizon Client software
Horizon Client for Windows
- Horizon Client computer or client access device
The scanner device drivers must be installed and the scanner must be operable on the client computer.The following client operating systems are supported.
- 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 10
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
- Scanning device standard
- TWAIN or WIA
- Display protocol
- VMware Blast
Scanner redirection is not supported in RDP desktop sessions.