You can upgrade Horizon Agent on a Linux virtual machine by installing the latest version of Horizon Agent.
When upgrading Horizon Agent, you can choose between two types of virtual machine deployment.
Unmanaged Virtual Machine Deployment
- This type of upgrade is available for existing unmanaged virtual machines.
- The Horizon Agent installer registers the virtual machine to Horizon Connection Server which requires broker admin information.
- The Desktop Pool Creation wizard uses Other Sources in the Machine Source page to select the registered virtual machine.
Managed Virtual Machine Deployment
- This type of upgrade is available for unmanaged or managed virtual machines.
- The Horizon Agent installer does not communicate with Horizon Connection Server.
- The Desktop Pool Creation wizard uses vCenter virtual machines in the Machine Source page to select the virtual machines through vCenter.
- The deployment supports the following functions:
- Remote Machine Power Policy
- Allow users to reset their machines
You can use the following methods to upgrade an unmanaged virtual machine:
- Retain the unmanaged virtual machine deployment while upgrading to the latest version of Horizon Agent. This upgrade scenario does not require any configuration modifications in Horizon Connection Server.
- Upgrade from an unmanaged virtual machine deployment to a managed virtual machine deployment that uses the latest version of Horizon Agent. This upgrade scenario requires the creation of a new desktop pool based on the virtual machine.