You must install Horizon Agent on a Linux virtual machine before you can deploy the machine as a remote desktop.
See Configure Supported Linux Distributions for vGPU. Install Horizon Agent after the 3D graphics configuration is completed.
For a 2D graphics configuration, you can install Horizon Agent after you complete the steps in Prepare a Linux Machine for Remote Desktop Deployment.
- Verify that the Linux guest operating system is prepared for desktop use. See Prepare a Linux Machine for Remote Desktop Deployment.
- Familiarize yourself with the Horizon Agent installer script for Linux. See install_viewagent.sh Command-Line Options.
- Download the Horizon Agent for Linux installer file from the VMware download site at https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads.
Navigate to the download page for the current release of VMware Horizon. In the product downloads list, find the installer file for Horizon Agent for 64-bit Linux systems.
The installer filename is VMware-horizonagent-linux-x86_64-YYMM-y.y.y-xxxxxxx.tar.gz for 64-bit Linux, where YYMM is the marketing version number, y.y.y is the internal version number, and xxxxxxx is the build number.
- Unpack the tarball for your Linux distribution.
tar -xzvf VMware-horizonagent-linux-x86_64-YYMM-y.y.y-xxxxxxx.tar.gz
- Navigate to the tarball folder.
- Run the install_viewagent.sh script as a superuser.
See install_viewagent.sh Command-Line Options for a list of the optional parameters available for this script.For example:
sudo ./install_viewagent.sh -A yes
- Type Yes to accept the EULA if you run install_viewagent.sh without specifying the -A parameter.
The installer does not run unless you accept the EULA.
- Restart the Linux virtual machine for the changes to take effect.
What to do next
Deploy the virtual machine in a desktop pool. See Create a Manual Desktop Pool for Linux.