To add machines to an automated desktop pool provisioned by manually specifying machine names, you provide another list of new machine names. This feature lets you expand a desktop pool and continue to use your company's naming conventions.
Follow these guidelines for manually adding machine names:
- Type each machine name on a separate line.
- A machine name can have up to 15 alphanumeric characters.
- You can add a user name to each machine entry. Use a comma to separate the user name from the machine name.
Verify that you created the automated desktop pool of full virtual machines by manually specifying machine names. You cannot add machines by providing new machine names if you created the pool by providing a naming pattern.
- Create a text file that contains the list of additional machine names.
If you intend to add only a few machines, you can type the machine names directly in the Add Pool wizard. You do not have to create a separate text file.
- In Horizon Console, select .
- Select the desktop pool to be expanded.
- Click Edit.
- Click the Provisioning Settings tab.
- Click Add Machines.
- Copy your list of machine names in the Enter Machine Names page and click Next.
- Click Submit.
- Click OK.
In vCenter Server, you can monitor the creation of the new virtual machines.
In Horizon Console, you can view the machines as they are added to the desktop pool by selecting .