Multiple solutions exist to integrate Linux distributions with Microsoft Active Directory (AD). Horizon Agent for Linux has no dependency on which solution is used.
The following solutions are known to work for a Linux virtual machine running Horizon Agent for Linux.
- OpenLDAP Server Pass-through Authentication
- System Security Services Daemon (SSSD) LDAP Authentication against the Microsoft Active Directory
- PowerBroker Identity Services Open (PBISO) Authentication supports offline domain join with Active Directory for instant-cloned desktops running the following Linux distributions.
- Ubuntu 18.04 and 20.04
- RHEL 7.x
- Samba supports offline domain join with Active Directory for instant-cloned desktops running the following Linux distributions.
- Ubuntu 18.04/20.04
- RHEL Workstation 7.x and 8.x
- RHEL Server 7.8, 7.9, 8.3, and 8.4
- CentOS 7.8, 7.9, 8.3, and 8.4
- SLED/SLES 12.x/15.x
If you use the LDAP-based solutions, you can perform the configuration in a template virtual machine and no additional steps are required in the cloned virtual machines.
Note: For ease of deployment, if available, choose the solution that uses SSSD LDAP authentication against the Microsoft Active Directory.