For published desktops and applications, and for virtual desktops that are deployed on single-user virtual machines that run Windows Server, scanner redirection requires that you install the Desktop Experience feature on the RDS hosts and the single-user virtual machines.
Windows Server operating systems are supported on machines that are used as RDS hosts and on single-user virtual machines.
- Log in as an administrator.
- Start Server Manager.
- Select Add roles and features.
- On the Select Installation Type page, select Role-based or feature-based installation.
- On the Select Destination Server page, select a server.
- On the Select Server Roles page, accept the default selection and click Next.
- On the Select Features page, under User Interfaces and Infrastructure, select Desktop Experience.
- Follow the prompts and finish the installation.