If you use a term license, you must enter a product license key.
Note: The product license key is not required if you have a VMware Horizon 8 subscription license. For more information about subscription licenses, see Enabling VMware Horizon 8 for Subscription Licenses and Horizon Control Plane Services.
You do not have to configure a license key when you install a replicated Connection Server instance. Replicated instances use the common license key stored in the Horizon LDAP configuration.
Note: Connection Server requires a valid license key. The product license key is a 25-character key.
Horizon term licenses include an additional 30 days beyond the written expiration date for continued access. You can use these 30 days to repurchase a Horizon license and install before the original term license expires.
Example: If you purchased a one year Horizon term license on 10 Oct 2021, the 30-day grace period means your license expires at 12:00 on 11 Nov 2022.
- In Horizon Console, select .
- In the Licensing Settings panel, click Edit License.
- Enter the license serial number and click OK.
- Verify the license expiration date.
- Verify that the component licenses are enabled or disabled, based on the edition of VMware Horizon 8 that your product license entitles you to use.