To use the Microsoft Edge (Chromium) browser with the URL Content Redirection feature on a Mac client, you must install the VMware Horizon URL Content Redirection Helper extension in the Microsoft Edge (Chromium) browser.
You install the VMware Horizon URL Content Redirection Helper extension from the Chrome Web Store.
- In the Microsoft Edge (Chromium) browser, enter https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/vmware-horizon-url-conten/lfidjngibpklhhijphdmbmedchiiolgk.
- Click the Add extensions from other stores button at the top of the browser window and click Allow.
- Click Add to Chrome.
- When you are prompted to add the extension to Microsoft Edge (Chromium), click Add extension.
- To verify that the extension is installed, click the Settings and more (…) icon in the upper-right corner of the browser window and select Extensions.
VMware Horizon URL Content Redirection Helper appears in the Installed extensions list.
- In Horizon Client, disconnect from the connection broker instance on which URL Content Redirection settings have been configured and then connect to the connection broker again.
Reconnecting to the connection broker loads the filter data JSON file that is required for URL Content Redirection to work properly.
- Restart the Microsoft Edge (Chromium) browser on the Mac client.