You create an application pool as part of the process to give users access to an application that runs on RDS hosts or a desktop pool.
- Set up RDS hosts. See Setting Up Remote Desktop Services Hosts.
- Create a farm that contains the RDS hosts. See Creating and Managing Farms.
- If you plan to add the application pool manually, gather information about the application. See Worksheet for Creating an Application Pool Manually
- In Horizon Console, select .
- Click Add.
- Follow the prompts in the wizard to create the pool.
If you choose to add an application pool manually, use the configuration information you gathered in the worksheet. If you select applications from the list that Horizon Console displays, you can select multiple applications. A separate pool is created for each application.
What to do next
Entitle users to access the pool. You can also view the number of entitled users that are using a published application in the User Count column in the application pools page.
Make sure that your end users have access to Horizon Client 3.0 or later software, which is required to support published applications.
If you have connected your pod to Horizon Cloud and want information on configuring published desktop pools for use in a Universal Broker environment, see Horizon Pods - Configure RDSH Desktops and Applications for a Universal Broker Environment.