You can associate a global entitlement with a home site so that the global entitlement's home site overrides a user's own home site when the user selects the global entitlement.
To create a home site override, you associate a home site with a global entitlement and a particular user or group. When the user (or a user in the selected group) accesses the global entitlement, the global entitlement's home site overrides the user's own home site.
For example, if a user who has a home site in New York accesses a global entitlement that associates that user with the London home site, VMware Horizon 8 looks in the London site to satisfy the user's application request rather than allocating an application from the New York site.
- Verify that the global entitlement has the Use home site policy enabled. For more information, see Modify Attributes or Policies for a Global Entitlement in Horizon Console.
- Verify that the user or group is included in the global entitlement. For more information, see Add a User or Group to a Global Entitlement in Horizon Console.
- Log in to the user interface for any Connection Server instance in the pod federation.
- Select .
- Select the name of the global entitlement to associate with a home site and click the Home Site Override tab.
- Click Add.
The Add button is not available if the Use home site policy is not enabled for the global entitlement.
- Select one or more search criteria and click Find to filter Active Directory users and groups based on your search criteria.
- Select the Active Directory user or group that has a home site you want to override and click Next.
The user or group must already be included in the global entitlement that you selected.
- Select the home site to associate with the global entitlement from the Home Site Override drop-down menu and click Submit.